Guidelines and Recommendations
for Pop-up Outdoor Yoga Classes
(*pictured left top, TBY Co-Owner Julia Jonson teaching via Zoom and outdoors on the lake. Bottom right, Jon Saesan, TBY Teacher and outdoor yoga co-coordinator. Backyard courtesy of TBY yogi Joyce Berger)
● Please bring your own mat, water, props, and anything else you may require (towel, sunscreen, insect repellent) as the only thing we will be able to provide is the excellent instruction you’ve come to expect from your favorite TBY teachers.
● Cost for all outdoor classes is $12 payable by Venmo (email@example.com), PayPal (paypal.me/agurvey), cash, or check (made out to Total Body Yoga). You may use a class from a package purchased before the shutdown if you have one. Please text Julia (773-706-2833) or Andrew (847-877-7676) if you believe you have classes remaining. The teacher will not have access to your class pack information and will not be able to verify how many you have left, please make sure to reach out to Julia or Andrew first if you have a class package.
● Mats are to be set up 6 feet (the length of a standard yoga mat) apart for social distancing. There will be flag markers for a number of spots when available. Please line up your mat so that the front left corner is at the flag.
● Please refrain from hugging or touching the teachers and/or your fellow yogis. We miss you too and wish we could give hugs, but protecting everyone’s health is paramount
● Children are welcome unless otherwise noted due to safety or space limitations (ie; classes directly outside of TBY in the grassy area around the corner). Please use this as an opportunity to teach and encourage social distancing.
● Please do not attend a class if you are feeling unwell or if you suffer from allergies that may cause extreme sneezing and/or coughing.
● Any cancellations weather-related or otherwise will be posted to our TBY Facebook and Instagram pages. We will also communicate class times and changes via email so please scroll down to subscribe to our newsletters and emails. Please check here if you believe the class may not be held for any reason.
● Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start of class to find the class, give the teacher time to check everyone in, and collect payment.
● Please note that there will be no restroom facilities available at this time.
● Please note that these classes may also be streamed using Zoom at times for people who cannot attend in person. While we understand that some may not be comfortable being part of a live stream, it is our intention to reach people who are not able to attend an outdoor class and provide them with the TBY experience, of which the live practitioners are a part! While the stream may show the students in the video, there will be no close-ups or individual focuses. The intent is to give anyone streaming as much of a feeling of being there with everyone live as possible.